Here is a link to the Festival Website, which has all of the information: barriemusicfestival.com/barrie-kiwanis-music-festival
Here is a link directly to the syllabus: barriemusicfestival.com/barrie-kiwanis-music-festival/syllabus
A: Please ensure you have the following ready before beginning the registration process
1) The name of the class(es) to be entered (check with your teacher)
2) The title, composer and exact length of the piece(s) being entered. Please time the pieces being played by the performer. Don't take the length from the sheet music itself as tempos vary.
3) Teacher's name and email
A: You can go to the barriemusicfestival.com website, hover over the Barrie Kiwanis Music Festival link in the top right corner, and choose Syllabus from the options (or just click directly on the syllabus link at the top of this document).
1) Once the syllabus is open, click on the corresponding graphic for the discipline you are registering for.
2) Once in the discipline, you will see all of the available classes. Find the first class you would like to register for and to the right of its name, you will find the 'Register' link.
3) Clicking the link will lead you through the registration process, beginning with creating your parent account and linking your child to your account.
4) Once you've completed the process for the first class, you can return to a list of classes within that discipline, or go back to the syllabus to add more. You will only need to create the account once.
5) If you have multiple musicians to register, you have the opportunity to link additional children to your account.
6) There must be a separate registration for each class entered, but they can all accumulate in one 'cart'.
A: Payments are by e-transfer only. At the end of the registration process, you will be given information about where to send your e-transfer. It will also be available on the invoice that will be generated at the conclusion of your registration. Registration is not considered complete until payment in full, by e-transfer, is also completed. Full payment must be received within three  days of registering or the entry form(s) will be voided. Please include the competitors full name in the notes section of the e-transfer.
The Board cannot be responsible for incomplete entries, lack of payment or for last minute entries that encounter internet problems. Late entries will not be accepted. Personal cheques are no longer being accepted.
A: Please don't hesitate to reach out to the Festival Director at the following email address should you be having any issues with the registration process: email@example.com
A: Once a registration is submitted, fees are non-refundable, except where the entry is rejected by the Board.
A: No. The deadline is final. When registration closes, timings will be finalized for scheduling performances and the adjudicators time. It won't be possible to add additional entries.
A: As you are completing the registration process, you can return to the list of classes or directly back to the syllabus and continue choosing additional classes. They will continue to accumulate in your cart. You can also add additional participants and select classes for them. When you check-out, your cart total will reflect the total owing for all classes entered. You can submit one e-transfer to cover the full amount reflected on your invoice.
A: All selections must be at the competitor's current level of study, unless otherwise specified. Current level of study MUST be shown on the registration form. Competitors may enter only one class at a higher level than declared. If no Conservatory examination has been taken the year prior to the Festival, the teacher must assign a level, based on their estimation to existing Conservatory grades.
A: All Classical Voice, Musical Theatre and Strings categories must have live accompaniment (with the exception of pieces written specifically as unaccompanied / a cappella works). Popular Voice categories can include live accompaniment by piano, guitar, ukulele or backtracks WITHOUT background vocals. Tracks can be purchased from www.karaoke-version.com. Backtracks MUST be legally purchased.
Parents and participants are responsible for ensuring they are familiar with all Rules and Regulations of the Festival prior to submitting an entry.